SapphireSteel Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 22, 2017, 08:43:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Welcome to the SapphireSteel forum - for discussion of the Sapphire and Amethyst IDEs
4074 Posts in 848 Topics by 708 Members
Latest Member: dcham_inbsys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  SapphireSteel Forum
|-+  General
| |-+  Amethyst
| | |-+  Help with tutorials
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Help with tutorials  (Read 3264 times)
writer1

« on: July 11, 2013, 05:23:01 AM »

Hi,

(moved to its own forum topic)

I'm going through tutorials, trying to learn Amethyst 2, step-by-step. A couple of questions:

(1) Can't get the project working in the Android tutorial (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgTKJVZDMm4): not sure where to then put the code in the main, home and Screen1 and Screen2 files, modify them for the Amethyst version? Is it possible to get a zip folder posted that has this YouTube tutorial's Amethyst project, files, etc.?

Specifically, when I create a new mobile view app, the first code line in the mxml file is: <s:ViewNavigatorApplication. I noticed that both the original Rich Tretola tutorial and the Amethyst YouTube version, uses <s:MobileApplication. If I replace ViewNavigatorApplication with MobileApplication, I get an error saying cannot "bind" it. Leaving ViewNavigatorApplication (or something else?) creates error code 2. So, am lost here. Need the correct script/code to put into the 4 view files.

(2) Need help/tutorial/step-by-step walk-through for importing a project (using conversion Wizard) from Flash Pro CS6, so it can be opened, edited, compiled using Amethyst/VS Shell. When I've tried using the import wizard, various settings, I get the Amethyst project populated but no AS3 to edit. I must be making mistakes in the wizard's settings. Is there a tutorial, with step-by-step walk-through? Successfully being able to import CS6 projects into Amethyst is a hugely valuable feature. Would like very much to get a basic "hello world" sample using this to work (full import into Amethyst without using Flash IDE after import). If I can get a basic version working, then I could try importing a more complex Flash CS6 project.

Any help appreciated.

Kind Regards,

writer1
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: