SapphireSteel Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2017, 02:44:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Welcome to the SapphireSteel forum - for discussion of the Sapphire and Amethyst IDEs
4074 Posts in 848 Topics by 708 Members
Latest Member: dcham_inbsys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  SapphireSteel Forum
|-+  General
| |-+  Amethyst
| | |-+  FLA and compiler settings
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: FLA and compiler settings  (Read 2558 times)
Jason King

« on: August 16, 2010, 06:28:42 PM »

Do changes in the compiler settings (Incremental, Debug, Optimize, etc.) affect the build setting for building FLA-based SWF or AIR apps?  For example, I was expecting that having the Debug compiler setting checked would override the FLA's Permit Debugging publish settings but it does not appear to be doing that.  Am I missing something?

Cheers,
Jason
Dermot
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2010, 04:56:29 AM »

There are two things going on here.

First, the Flash IDE does its own thing completely independently of any settings like Incremental, etc, and we're limited to what it provides via its automation interfaces and it's publish settings. As far as I can see there is no 'incremental' or anything else like that for the Flash IDE.

Secondly, it is possible to modify some of the profile settings - but the only one I can see that would be of any use would be the 'Permit Debugging' option. There doesn't seem to a be simple way of setting that property. It seems that I have to export the settings file, modify any properties, and read in the settings file again.

Another approach might be to have a profile as part of the project and load that before instructing the Flash IDE to publish - but again, I cant see much that would be of use (but I could be wrong here - if you think this would be a good idea, let me know)

Dermot

Dermot
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 12:42:57 PM by Dermot » Logged
Jason King

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2010, 10:58:35 AM »

Hi Dermot,

Essentially I'm looking for the ability to have both a debug and release profile.  This would allow me to build with or without debug info.  I was hoping you were able to override the current FLA settings but if that is not possible or easy to do then being able to specify which profile to build should work.  It would also be helpful for the various property settings to indicate which work for Flex and which work for FLAs.

Thanks,
Jason
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: