SapphireSteel Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2017, 02:48:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Welcome to the SapphireSteel forum - for discussion of the Sapphire and Amethyst IDEs
4074 Posts in 848 Topics by 708 Members
Latest Member: dcham_inbsys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  SapphireSteel Forum
|-+  General
| |-+  Amethyst
| | |-+  Amethyst Beta 8 - Bugs
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Amethyst Beta 8 - Bugs  (Read 8502 times)
Luth

« on: April 23, 2010, 11:24:28 AM »

NB: The listed errors are pretty serious, so I think it's possible that they're a result of my personal configuration, system, or something else unique to my setup, as I find it very unlikely that you'd publish a release without noticing these errors first.  You guys are much better than that.  Smiley

1)
When typing the following line:
Code:
public override function get

the Snippets was activated and "function" was replaced with the entire 'private function.....' snippet.  Only happened once, can't repeat.

2)
When typing a word that prompts the intellisense helper, it prevents typing any character that is not a valid intellisense word.  eg, type:
Code:
functio
Once the intellisense helper window shows up, try to push any non-'n' key, such as '('.  You'll find that it won't let you type anything until you close the intellisense window.

*edit* Bug #2 was annoying for about 10 minutes before I decided to turn off the "Help after one character" option in Amethyst.  After I did this, I decided to test again.  Typing:
Code:
private var _toggle:Bool
brought up the Intellisense window showing 'Boolean'.  I decided, what the hell, and typed ';' (not a completion character in my options) and, surprisingly, it let me type it, leaving 'Bool;'  I then re-enabled "First character" option and now Bug #2 seems to have gone away.  (However, it is still present in my second running instance of Visual Studio.  I imagine that if I restart or change the Amethyst settings, I may be able to fix it as well.)

3)
Auto-formatting has stopped working.  My current configuration allows for '}' to be the only auto-format key, which suits my style perfectly.  However, typing '}' no longer auto-formats.  I haven't found a way to re-enable auto-formatting.

4)
Auto Brackets does not work.  Just...  doesn't work.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 11:40:58 AM by Luth » Logged
Huw Collingbourne
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010, 12:44:01 PM »

I'll answer the snippets one. Following the normal behaviour in C#, snippets can be trigged by keywords of the language. So 'function' triggers the function snippet. Normal behaviour is that a tab is required after you enter the snippet trigger (e.g.the trigger her is the 'function' keyword) So enter func and press  tab selects the function keyword from the completion list but press tab again and you trigger the snippet. I recorded a video tutorial on snippets here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKDX9I51lcY&hd=1

If you like you can disable snippets being auto-triggered: Tools/Options/Text Editor/ActionScript/IntelliSense. Uncheck 'Expand snippets by tab character'.

Notice too that code completion may now be done using additional sets of characters as in C#. That may also give you more aggressive IntelliSense than in previous versions. This too can be edited or disabled in the option dialog above.

best wishes

Huw
Luth

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2010, 03:04:58 PM »

To the best of my recollection, I didn't hit the Tab key at all, as I was still (manually) typing out my function declaration at that point.  But, as I can't reproduce it, I also won't rule it out.  It just seems ... unlikely.  I had already typed out 'get' when the 'function' was replaced by the snippet.  Even if I did hit tab, that shouldn't happen, right?
Huw Collingbourne
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2010, 03:33:11 PM »

Tab after the keyword is the default for snippet expansion as in C#. It shouldn't happen automatically otherwise. We think you may have a beta-update problem, though, that could be causing you some problems (as we mentioned earlier, beta-to-beta updates do have some potential incompatibilities as project file structure and registry entries may change). Dermot will post some more information shortly.

best wishes

Huw
Dermot
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2010, 04:47:05 AM »

I've tracked down the problems with IntelliSense and autocompletion.

There's some bits left over in the registry from an earlier installation which are causing the trouble. It only affects those who have been using Amethyst for some time, so probably very few people.

I'll post a fixed version on Monday.

Dermot
Luth

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2010, 12:35:24 PM »

I figured it was something like that.  As I said, you two couldn't have overlooked these things.  :-)

For the intellisense, it seems editing and resaving my Text Editor - Action Script preferences fixed that up.  However, regarding the non-working-auto-complete, I can't get that working yet.  If you come across a registry file that I can edit manually to restore that functionality (or, a list of all registry files that I can delete then clean-reinstall Beta Cool then that'd work too.
Dermot
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2010, 07:54:22 AM »

It's easier to use a new beta (then I know i've either fixed it or I havent).

The link is XXXX

Dermot

Edit: Link has now been moved here: http://www.sapphiresteel.com/Download-Amethyst-Adobe-Flash
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 03:07:47 AM by Huw Collingbourne » Logged
Luth

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2010, 04:40:27 PM »

That link doesn't actually work, and it doesn't look like the main download link has been updated.

Can we try again?  Not having any formatting is a real pain.  It's like using the Flash IDE.  :-(
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 04:52:57 PM by Luth » Logged
Huw Collingbourne
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2010, 03:06:17 AM »

We moved the above version into the main beta link yesterday. So please use the main beta download link: http://www.sapphiresteel.com/Download-Amethyst-Adobe-Flash
Luth

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2010, 11:14:08 AM »

I guess the "release date: April 21st 2010" threw me.  Thanks.  Smiley
Huw Collingbourne
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2010, 12:47:47 PM »

I'll fix that now. ;-)
Luth

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2010, 03:03:11 PM »

Working much better, as I'm sure you knew it would.  Smiley  Really, the only annoying thing I've noticed so far is with a specific (but frequently occurring) tabbing scenario:

Assume we have typed this so far:
Code:
public function foo():void
{
[tab]    if(_check)|
}
[cursor is at the end of (_check) where the | is]

When I type function blocks, I type the declaration, then ENTER, {, ENTER, }, UP, and ENTER.  When I'm done with this, I expect to get:
Code:
{
[tab]    if(_check)
[tab]    {
[tab]    [tab]    |
[tab]    }
}
[cursor is at the end of double-tab where the | is]

Instead, what I get is:
Code:
{
[tab]    if(_check)
[tab]    {
|
[tab]    }
}
[cursor is at new line after { where the | is]

Because the } has already been typed, it wont automatically fix itself ever, and I now have to double-tab to get the correct placement.  Not a deal-breaker, but pretty darn annoying, and is new in this version.  Smiley  Hopefully you have time to fix something so relatively trivial.

*edit* It looks like it's actually going back to the class' tab-line no matter where in the actual code I am.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 03:13:11 PM by Luth » Logged
Dermot
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2010, 03:26:52 PM »

I've tracked this down. I had commented out a line which did the right thing, so I've uncommented it and it seems to work.

The problem is that I don't know why I commented out this line in the first place - I supect it was for a good reason, so something else probably isnt going to work correctly.

Cant figure out what though ...

We'll put out a new edge release shortly - new library build system and several IntelliSense fixes and improvements.

Dermot
Luth

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2010, 12:27:28 PM »

The problem is that I don't know why I commented out this line in the first place - I supect it was for a good reason, so something else probably isnt going to work correctly.

Cant figure out what though ...

No worries, mate; I'll figure it out.  Wink
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: