SapphireSteel Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 24, 2017, 04:23:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Welcome to the SapphireSteel forum - for discussion of the Sapphire and Amethyst IDEs
4074 Posts in 848 Topics by 708 Members
Latest Member: dcham_inbsys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  SapphireSteel Forum
|-+  General
| |-+  Amethyst
| | |-+  Flex4 issues.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Flex4 issues.  (Read 12768 times)
kevin067

« on: February 19, 2010, 01:29:42 PM »

Hi there,
Very excited to see this project taking off. Cant tell you how many times I have tried to shoehorn actionscript into visual studio. and this product is the closest I have ever seen it get.

I have a project that is just starting, so wanted to do it right with flex 4. But ran into some problems, which I solved some of it by using your Edge 00.00.836 build. the stable release did not work for me.

Building flex 3 projects works, so I pointed the sdk to the Flex 4 sdk (inside the flashbuilder 4 beta 2). And ran into some of these problems...

After importation I immediately get...

Cannot compile because the project importation from flex created a
command line: Error: configuration variable 'compiler.library-path' value contains unknown token 'PROJECT_FRAMEWORKS'
Seems I cannot edit the library paths field in the project properties to fix it to a absolute path.

And when attempting to view the project in design mode I get...

Parse failed, there are syntax errors in the MXML..
most likely because of the new sparks syntax..

If I go ahead and point the library path to the right places I get this...

C:\Users\Kevin\Documents\FlexProjects\src\Demo.mxml: Error: Unable to locate specified base class 'spark.components.WindowedApplication' for component class 'Demo'.

C:\Users\Kevin\Documents\FlexProjects\src\Demo.mxml(1,0): error : Unable to locate specified base class 'spark.components.WindowedApplication' for component class 'Demo'.
 error : Compile failed. Exit code was 1
Done building project "MyDemo.amproj" -- FAILED.

Just hoping this will be of some help. I used the flex4sdk right out of the flashbuilder4 beta 2.

but otherwise when building flex 3 projects I am able..

thanks,
Keviin

Dermot
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2010, 05:18:13 PM »

Thanks for the feedback.

We haven't really done much with Flex4 yet apart from kick the tyres and put in some syntax analysis for the new namespaces, so I'm not too surprised that a straight project import failed.

I think that the main trouble is coming from the fact the the importer doesn't automatically add the spark.swc to the References in the Solution Explorer. The libraries here are used for the IntelliSense in the MXML (hence the syntax errors - the parser cant find the Spark classes) and also as input to the mxmlc compiler.

So I think you could try adding the spark.swc reference by right clicking on the References node in the Solution Explorer and fromm Add Reference selecting the Browse tab and browsing to spark.swc. Then try a Rebuild and see if that improves things.

Let me know how that goes.

We do intend to fully support Flex4 but until Adobe finally release it, it's a bit difficult ...

However, from the work that we have already done, there doesn't seem too much more that we need to do for Flex4.

Dermot
onepiece

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2010, 08:15:47 AM »

Hi,

I have received this error as well.

Error   1   configuration variable 'compiler.library-path' value contains unknown token 'PROJECT_FRAMEWORKS'   C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temp\XMLValidator.xml   11   1   XMLValidator

I converted this project from a Flex SDK 4 Flash Builder Project. Here is the contents of the file causing the error:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<flex-config xmlns="http://www.adobe.com/2006/flex-config">
<compiler>
<locale/>
<source-path>
<path-element>Z:\Adobe Flash Builder 4\XMLValidator\src</path-element>
</source-path>
<library-path>
<path-element>Z:\Adobe Flash Builder 4\XMLValidator\${PROJECT_FRAMEWORKS}\libs\flex.swc</path-element>
<path-element>Z:\Adobe Flash Builder 4\XMLValidator\libs</path-element>
</library-path>
<library-path>
<path-element>C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\flex4sdk\frameworks\libs\datavisualization.swc</path-element>
<path-element>C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\flex4sdk\frameworks\libs\flash-integration.swc</path-element>
<path-element>C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\flex4sdk\frameworks\libs\flex.swc</path-element>
<path-element>C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\flex4sdk\frameworks\libs\framework.swc</path-element>
<path-element>C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\flex4sdk\frameworks\libs\osmf.swc</path-element>
<path-element>C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\flex4sdk\frameworks\libs\player\10.0\playerglobal.swc</path-element>
<path-element>C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\flex4sdk\frameworks\libs\rpc.swc</path-element>
<path-element>C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\flex4sdk\frameworks\libs\spark.swc</path-element>
<path-element>C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\flex4sdk\frameworks\libs\sparkskins.swc</path-element>
<path-element>C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\flex4sdk\frameworks\libs\textLayout.swc</path-element>
<path-element>C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\flex4sdk\frameworks\libs\utilities.swc</path-element>
</library-path>
<show-actionscript-warnings>true</show-actionscript-warnings>
</compiler>
<static-link-runtime-shared-libraries>true</static-link-runtime-shared-libraries>
<target-player>10</target-player>
</flex-config>

Here is the .actionScriptProperties file:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>
<actionScriptProperties analytics="false" mainApplicationPath="XMLValidator.mxml" projectUUID="8dffafe7-7302-40d2-8599-e5d72251abfc" version="6">
  <compiler additionalCompilerArguments="-locale en_US" autoRSLOrdering="true" copyDependentFiles="true" fteInMXComponents="true" generateAccessible="true" htmlExpressInstall="true" htmlGenerate="true" htmlHistoryManagement="true" htmlPlayerVersionCheck="true" includeNetmonSwc="false" outputFolderLocation="/Applications/MAMP/htdocs/XMLValidator-debug" outputFolderPath="bin-debug" sourceFolderPath="src" strict="true" targetPlayerVersion="0.0.0" useApolloConfig="false" useDebugRSLSwfs="true" verifyDigests="true" warn="true">
    <compilerSourcePath/>
    <libraryPath defaultLinkType="3">
      <libraryPathEntry kind="4" path="">
        <excludedEntries>
          <libraryPathEntry kind="3" linkType="1" path="${PROJECT_FRAMEWORKS}/libs/flex.swc" useDefaultLinkType="false"/>
        </excludedEntries>
      </libraryPathEntry>
      <libraryPathEntry kind="1" linkType="1" path="libs"/>
    </libraryPath>
    <sourceAttachmentPath/>
  </compiler>
  <applications>
    <application path="XMLValidator.mxml"/>
  </applications>
  <modules/>
  <buildCSSFiles/>
</actionScriptProperties>
Dermot
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2010, 12:24:33 PM »

Hi,

The reason is that the project importer is coming across the PROJECT_FRAMEWORKS token in the FlashBuilder properties file and cant resolve it. You need to go the Pprject Propeties page, select the Library Paths tab and remove any PROJECT_FRAMEWORKS items.

The project should compile (or at least get further) then since all the libraries are referenced in the References node.

I'll put in a fix to leave out any {xxx} like {PROJECT_FRAMEWORKS} in the converter since they cant be used and just lead to errors.

Dermot
onepiece

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2010, 09:33:29 PM »

Ok. I didn't see any visible references to that token. I have a few other places I can check.

I attempted to convert the project in place again and received this error:

Running Import/Convert wizard ...
Attempting to read FlexBuilder properties '\\.host\Shared Folders\Adobe Flash Builder 4\AboutYou\.actionScriptProperties'
Cannot read the '.actionscriptProperties' file
Starting conversion
Using template C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\Common7\IDE\ProjectTemplatesCache\Amethyst\ConvertFlex4.zip\ConvertFlex.vstemplate
Error 'Invalid URI: The hostname could not be parsed.' occurred when importing or converting project. The project was not imported or converted
Import or Convert failed: wizard did not return successfully
onepiece

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2010, 12:04:43 AM »

Does AP use the .actionScriptProperties file after it has created it's own Visual Studio project?

Update! I think somehow I've got it all working but not sure how. I'll post back with more info when I know.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 12:12:22 AM by onepiece » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: