Regarding the snippets. In which directory are you saving your snippets? Can you check that the snippets are in the expected directory and that the Code Snippets Manager (on the Tools menu) has that directory set up as a source for snippets. This is explained more fully here: http://www.sapphiresteel.com/ActionScript-Snippets-in-Amethyst
I did those steps after I have upgraded to the new version.
My scenario is the following:
1. I have created some snippets with the previous beta using "Snippet Editor" and I have placed them under the folder under the folder that I have created: "C:\Program Files (x86)\SapphireSteel Software\Amethyst 2008\v1.0\Snippets\Mine".
2. I did all the steps to configure Visual studio as described in the link that you sent me and everything was working fine.
3. I Upgraded my system with your latest build and I have realized that you changed the installation folder from Amethyst 2008 to Amethyst so I moved all my snippets to: "C:\Program Files (x86)\SapphireSteel Software\Amethyst\v1.0\Snippets\Mine"
4. I run visual studio but intellisense wasn't working for any snippet (even the default ones).So I have realized that the snippets were pointing to the wrong path (Amethyst 2008) even for your default ones so I updated the visual studio snippet folders to point to the right ones including my custom folder ("mine") using " Code Snippets Manager".
5. Intelli-sense still wasn't working and the snippets weren't working with the tab but only with the right click. So I created a new snippet using "Snippet editor" and I saved it in "Mine" folder.
6. At this point Intelli-Sense still doesn't show the snippets but the tab key works. I checked tools/option to see if the option for showing the snippet in the Intelli-Sense was enabled and it was. I tried to uncheck, close the window and check the option back with no avail.
I hope that my description will suffice to reproduce the problem.
I've fixed the problem with the Visual Studio crash - thanks for the report.
I've also fixed a small problem in the installer - it wasn't creating the MyActionScript Snippets directory for use in the Snippet Manager.
You are very welcome! I am glad that I can help you guys out.
Regarding the installation my two cents: I have noticed that "SnipedUserGuide.pdf" doesn't get installed on the "Sniped" folder but in the "Documentation" folder while Sniped is looking in its folder when you click on the "help" menu.
Btw, we should have a Flash IDE integration ready for you to test soon. I've got it building and launching the Flash IDE to do the compilation, so once Huw has given it the OK, I'll put it in the downloads section on the website.
Thanks you very much! It will be a great Christmas/New Year gift for us!